Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I stop Yahoo Group events from appearing on my personal Yahoo calendar?

1) I subscribe to Yahoo Groups and use a yahoo email address.


2) Now my mail account has a nifty calendar feature. That is good.


3) Unfortunately events in my Groups show up on the calendar! Most of these events mean nothing to me, and there are dozens of them each month!


4) My calendar is so cluttered that I cannot use it.


5) How do I stay in the groups, but STOP those groups' events from appearing on my calendar?!





I know that I could start to use two email addresses. I want to avoid that if possible.

How do I stop Yahoo Group events from appearing on my personal Yahoo calendar?
There are two ways to do this:


If you have the Show Time Guides at the top of your calendar you can click Edit and it will take you to the Time Guides. Scroll down to the box that lists your yahoo group and uncheck that box, then click Save.


OR up at the right top corner of your calendar there is the word Options. On the Options page there is a link for Time Guides that will take you to the Time Guides. Scroll to the box that lists your yahoo group and uncheck it then save.


No comments:

Post a Comment