Tuesday, July 20, 2010

4 Most Important Events, Issues or Trends in Modern Politics?

4 Most Important Events, Issues or Trends in Modern Politics?


hey, I started my first university political science class, and the proff said to think of what we consider the 4 most important issues, events, or trends since 1946 (end of WWII) I already thought of about 8, but I just wanted to get some more perspective, other viewpoints, etc.





Some of the ones I got were:





-Fall of the Berlin Wall


-Iranian Revolution of 1979 and Iran-Iraq War 1


-Rise of economic conservatism in the 1980s (reagan, thatcher, etc.)


-Cuban Missile Crisis


-Genocides in Rwanda/Kosovolo (sp?)


-Kyoto


-9/11 attacks


-Vietnam War





any others you can think off. I don't want the same ones as the other 50 kids in the class, so I'm really trying to find some abstract ones.





anyone have any others, or agree/disagree with any that I have?

4 Most Important Events, Issues or Trends in Modern Politics?
You certainly mentioned important ones.





You mentioned fall of the Berlin Wall, how about the rise of the Berlin Wall?





I think 4 of my Most Important would be:





1. The Cold War - when the two biggest boys on the block are feuding, it affects everybody.





2. The Space Race - a corollary to the Cold War. This was also USSR versus USA, but mostly peacefully done. The advances in technology gained from this race were phenomenal.





3. Middle East Conflict - not much more needs to be said about that. 9/11 is a fallout from that.





4. The Age of Instant Communication - Home computers and the Internet, cable TV and especially 24 hour news, etc.





I hope this gives you a different look on some things. This isn't to say yours aren't top 4, this is just 4 different ones than yours.





Regards


No comments:

Post a Comment